We’re a marketing company with a purpose: we provide Search Engine Optimization and Thought Leadership services for well-managed, ethical companies. Our tech savvy, intelligent team produces high-level content for companies who are leaders in their industry and produce something of genuine value for the public.
Our most successful Account Executives are assertive and self-aware, yet very empathetic (meaning they pay careful attention to the needs of each team-member on the accounts that are assigned to them), and possess organizational skills and an analytic mind. The ideal Account Executive is driven, delivers more than they promise, and don’t need others to hold them accountable.
Does this describe you? If you think you can provide the enthusiastic leadership our clients are looking for, read on!
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in related field or equivalent experience; minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Working knowledge of industry information and Search Engine Optimization best practices; Familiar with Google Analytics, Google search console, search engine results pages (SERPS), Ahrefs and other relevant tools/techniques.
- Well-developed negotiation, project, and account management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient with Google Suite including Drive, Docs, and Gmail.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Understand client’s business
- What the client does for a living; Who their target customers are; What words their primary customers would type into Google if they were looking to purchase what the client sells
- Ensure this information is understood, communicated, and accessible to all members of internal FPS team, i.e. editor, AE manager, tech team, reporting, or specialty team members
- Organize all campaign information
- Utilize company Taskworld drive for individual clients, update daily
- Store all relevant resources in client folders
- Utilize Taskworld for all internal communication and client resources
- Communicate with the client as point of contact
- Coordinate weekly or biweekly client meetings, providing detailed agendas in advance
- Send good news email updates to client every week; CC AE manager
- Monitor campaign goals
- Understand and track what the ultimate goal from the campaign is (e.g. leads, calls, subscriptions, etc)
- Lead Internal Teams
- Provide clear, detailed instructions and thoughtful conversations
- Keep campaigns organized and updated; fluidly communicate with and support the rest of the team (scheduling meetings, creating agendas, etc.)
- Lead/Educate Clients
- Understand why we make recommendations and help educate the client towards a successful campaign; be a consultant to clients
- Monitor Google Analytics and Google’s WMT/Search Console daily
- Check referral traffic sources to determine if organic links send quality traffic
- Check for an increase in errors of any kind (crawl errors, mobile usability, sitemap warnings, etc.)
- Check Ahrefs regularly to determine if there are any spammy links pointing to the site, and to monitor links achieved during campaign
- Prepare detailed monthly Google Analytics/Search Console Report
- Reports must analyze all traffic to the site with an emphasis on organic traffic (minimum of 4 hours per month per client)
- Report on the performance of any current special projects, whether web design, tech, or content related
- Send each report must to the reporting specialist for approval, anticipate multiple revisions
- Ensure on time delivery the same day every month
- Ensure site is optimized for conversion
- Be an expert on the Kick Off report created by our reporting specialist, which is sent at the beginning of the campaign
- The Kick Off reports include a list of conversion optimization ideas; continually reassess site formatting and content throughout campaign for improved optimization
- Engage in continued personal and professional development
- Attend all team trainings
- Ask questions, request training topics, and provide feedback on training
- Conduct external research, participate in professional development events, or engage in professional training that supports current and future work at FPS
- Support teammates whenever possible and help facilitate the onboarding of new accounts and new teammates
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
We are seeking an experienced Account Executive who can hit the ground running. This is a full time telecommute position. We offer competitive pay, 2 weeks of paid time off, 1 week of sick time, and standard company holidays.
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter explaining why your personality, professional strengths, and prior experience make you a good potential match for our firm. Please direct your message to our Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We respond to all applicants with a brief email pre-screen and request for references. Qualified candidates will be invited to interview with our Operations Manager, and then potentially proceed to a second interview with our Account Executive Manager.