Our most successful editors are deadline-driven and excellent communicators, with a keen eye for quality content. Editing at FPS goes way beyond line editing—it requires a thorough understanding of what will bring value to the reader with each piece we deliver and the initiative to lead your account’s content team in making that happen.
As an editor, you will be responsible for the flow of content from start to finish on several campaigns spanning varied industries. This means not being afraid to dig into some very technical and niche topics, including but not limited to mechanical engineering, circuit board design, medical technology, and fintech. Working remotely also requires someone who is a self-starter but not afraid to reach out for help when needed.
- Edit 10-12 blog articles or landing pages each week
- Research and thoroughly understand each client’s industry, audience, and subject matter, collaborating closely with your writers and account team.
- Manage the content flow on your accounts. As the editor, you’ll manage all writing assignments, writing schedules, as well as the revision process. You are also the first point of contact for in-house and freelance writers who are working on the account.
- Edit every piece of content with a fine-toothed comb for thought leadership, industry expertise, and SEO optimization, providing writers constructive feedback and edit requests to improve quality of content.
- Collaborate on overall content strategy for your campaign.
- Develop and maintain style guides for your accounts.
- Participate regularly and actively in meetings with writers, other editors, campaign managers and strategists, clients, and management.
- Develop content for special projects. These often involve more complex landing pages or web design projects, which will require you to apply a creative touch.
- Be responsible for uploading and publishing blog posts to the client website.
Think this is for you?
Submit your information below to be notified of future job openings